Thursday, August 9, 2007

The chocolate cherry and cherry bomb

Not getting much accomplished this week in terms of SOS2007 but I did manage to get my cherry chocolate ribbed sock done and a cherry bomb done for Trinity





I used Claudia's hand painted yarn color chocolate cherry on a US size 2 circular and my own vanilla sock pattern it is a k4p2 rib. For the heel I did row 1 *s1,k1* row 2 s1, purl across. I could have made the heel flap longer but I wasn't paying attention I guess; for the sock is a little tight in the arch but It still works.

For Trinity's sock I just did a 2x2 rib and then stockinette for the rest of the sock and the same heelflap as mine. I just had to have a fun name to go along with mine. I will have to wait till she wakes up from here nap to see if it fits. I still have several yards left of the one skein. Now I just need to cast on the other one of mine and hopefully have a fishished pair by Monday.

this week I have mostly been a yarn stalker and been playing with ravelry. I haven't been doing to much knitting because of all the storms that keep coming through and that makes my hands HURT. My family has a extensive history of arthritis and I'm afraid that I've got it too. BUT, that will not stop me from knitting, I just have to go slow. Sooooooooo I decided to buy more yarn (just what I need) from the Loopy Ewe. That place is awsome and I can't wait to get my order. I just received an email saying that it shipped and that means that I should have it on Saturday. I also managed to get to join wool girls sock club. I can't wait for that to start rolling in. In the meantime I should be getting my sock club yarn from knitting.com I am in both of there clubs. Yes, I know 3 sock clubs. But I must admit that since June when I first started knitting socks I have become an obsessed sock knitting maniac. Yes, I'm addicted. Ok, I'm more than addicted I'm obsessed, obsessed, crazy and out of control!!!!!:))))))

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Pam, Finally made it to you sight. I love the sox and the colors. I was on vacation and painting my upstairs BR. Way to much work for vacation. Keep knitting. CTF

Sunset Knitter said...

I LOVE your sock. The yarn and pattern is beautiful.