Sunday, September 13, 2009

Ruffles & Ridges shawl and Design 11 sweater

Since I has Friday night off of work I decided that it was time to get a few projects finished so that I can move on to some of the others that I still am working on and possible cast on a new project. So I worked like mad to get the Ruffles & Ridges shawl finished first because it was the easiest to do. I use Wollmeise 80/20 in spice market and only used 1 skein plus maybe 10-20 yards of the second skein I had. I went down to a size 7 US needle instead of the 9 that the pattern called for because I just didn't want this huge shawl and I love the way it turned out. It's just right to keep my arms warm and it is small enough to wear as a scarf in the winter as well. So here is some pictures of my oldest daughter Autumn modeling it for me. Oh, and I'm going to appologize now for the crappy pictures because I had to use my camera on my phone for my digital just doesn't want to upload after I installed snow leopard on my computer. I'll just have to figure it out some time when the kids aren't home.








Now I also finished Autumn's Design 11 sweater out of the Noro Flowers book. The yarn I used was handspun on my Ashford Traveler, The fiber was from Spunky Eclectic Coripaca in colorway Thunderstorm. I actually spun this about 9 months ago and just could not find a project that suited the yarn for it until I saw this book and thought it would be perfect for this yarn. I didn't have enough yarn to make myself a sweater so that's why my very lucky and spoiled 9 year old daughter was the lucky one to get my first handspun yarn for a sweater.

Here are some pictures.



No comments: