Thursday, March 15, 2007

Now we can see what I've been up to



This is my Ashford Traveller. (and my messy kitchen. Who wants to clean when this arives!!!!????). Well, now I just have to figure out what to name her. I know there are several people who have named there wheels. Any Suggestions????? Doesn't hurt to ask!!



OK, does this not look like a purple nightmare?????!!!! This is my first spinn on my wheel on Wednesday night. I actually don't think the the spinning was all that bad. But, I tryed to ply it and I have no idea really how to do that so that just might be the issue. Of course it's was a freebie so that's ok.


This is 3.2 oz of suri alpaca form Alpacas D'Auxvasse. I think I'm in love with this fiber. It is easy to work with and just so soft that you want to use it as a pillow. The only thing that I noticed is that it is a fuzzy yarn. I'm not sure if this is due to my inexperience or just the way it is supposed to be. I have not plyed it yet for I am waiting to have my first spinning class with the lady I bought my wheel from. I'm hopeing this coming Thursday.



This is what I am currently working on. It is a deep red superwash wool from The Sheep Shed Studio. I just have to keep reminding myself.... thin but not to thin. It's going well so far.

I would love to hear feedback from all you spinners out there, when I get back on Yahoo, You'll know because you'll actually get an email from me asking you to take a look at this.


As for Yahoo, I have not heard anything from them yet. I guess yesterday I couldn't firgure out pictures for this blog and today my Yahoo issure. I guess there always has to be something going to crap or it just would not be my life.

Keep spinning

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

pam, I saw your post on ST. Are you interested in driving to Iowa Falls once a month? We have a new Fiber Arts group meeting in IF and we will do a demo at the Hardin County Fair this summer. Next meeting is this Tuesday at 7:30 and the topic is dyeing.

Pam said...

denise,

I would love to but tomarrow will not work, I have to much going on. Could you give me some more information on location. or who to contact. Email me at inlovewithalpaca@yahoo.com with more information.