Sunday, March 8, 2009

It's been a while so here is what I've been up to......

Alright I have to get better at posting what I'm working on and doing more oftem because this is going to be one heck of a long picture heavy post put I promise it will be full of goodies for all of you. It will mostly be spinning related because that has been my obsession since the beginning of the year so here we go in no particular order just lots of goodies.


this is an order that I got from www.thesheepshedstudio.com I love Carol and all the goodies that she gets from the Brown sheep company. I got 5 pounds of sock roving that is superwash wool and nylon. I can't wait to start dyeing that. I haven't decided if I want to spin first or dye it first. I also go 3 pounds of brown and 3 pounds of dye soppers that I will use in my Louet Junior hand carder to make some yummy batts. Oh and the Black cat that is Shadow our rescued kitty that came to live with us just before Holloween.



This is a picture (not a very good one) of my first shipment of club fiber from David of Souther cross fibre (formerly Come in Spinner) in Australia. David can be found on Etsy. I can't wait to start spinning this but I have to finish up this first.......





this is my February club shippment from Amy King of Spunky Eclectic I have about 7oz of the 12 completed in a 3ply and am working on the rest of it. I love Amy's fiber club she is such an awsome dyer that she has inspired me along with Carol of The Sheep Shed studio's to dye some of my own fiber. So here are those pictures.......










that's alot of dyeing of fiber. Most of the fiber was from The sheep shed studio. The little cloud like fibers are some white alpaca that I had a raw fleece from and they are ohhhhhhh so soft. The yarn in the last picture is some mohair that I had purchased from Sarah's yarns in a large cone. I have more of the cream and I'll most likely dye the rest of it at some point. I had alot of fun dying all of that fiber and will be doing more in the future. Ok on to the next thing....





Ok of the three pictures above the first one is some Gecko colorway that I spun up in 2ply lace wt yarn. The fiber came from Come in spinner on etsy. ( now is Southern Cross fibre). The middle pic is the coveted Coripaca from Spunky eclectic in colorway thunderstorm; there is 12oz of that all spun up and super dooper soft. the last picture is the January fiber club shipment from Spunky eclectic also the colorway is Twilight adn it is an organic merino and is so delicious that words can not describe it you just have to feel it..... YUMMMMMMMYYYYYYY :)



this picture is of some Superwash merino/bambo fiber from Merlin the cat yarn on etsy. I do have this all spun up and plyed I just don't have another picture of it. I did it as a 3ply and it is wonderful yarn and I will be using it for socks.

Ok I think that is enough of the pictures for now. As for what i will be working on this week is finishing the Feb. fiber from Spunky fiber club and a toe up sock that I only have the leg and cuff to finish on the second sock. Then, I will be getting ready for Sock maddness 3 to start. It a contest that test's all your sock knitting skills and ability not to mention you ability to stay awak and knit till finished before anyone else with a unknown pattern that is emailed to you. This will be the first time of competing in this competition. I can't wait for March 19th.

No comments: